Hello my fine friends, there is mischief in the air. It seems some of my fellow blog mates have been up to no good. Alright, let the weirdness begin. I have been tagged by a couple of my fellow bloggers and have been asked to play along with the Lucky Seven Meme. So, as per instructions I will be doing the following:
These are the rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they’re written.
4. Tag 7 authors, and let them know.
Well I won’t be sharing anything from the current WIP as it lives in Scrivener land and has no page numbers. But I did apply the rules to the old version of this same book and here are seven lines, as currently formatted:
“But someone will. There’s going to be more rumors thrown around.,” Cora said. “It’s the weekend, a notoriously slow news day. So it’ll be easy to fill the air with the most sensational crap they can find. I have to warn you, it’s going to get a lot worse.”
Frances threw down her magazine, “Great, more phone calls? Reporters at our door?”
Not much to “write home” about and I need to work on my dialogue, but from this snippet are you at all interested in what is going on? I’ll pose that question to the next set of victims:
But that’s not all, I was also tagged in the Eleven Questions Game which is even more diabolical. The person I call “the fabulous one” Fabio Bueno tagged me in the Eleven Questions Game. Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules. ￼
2. Answer the questions on your blog. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
The questions were kinda fun, here are my goofball answers:
1. What is your favorite historical period and why?
I’d have to say my favorite historical period would be England in the Edwardian age, only if I got to live at Downton Abbey and wear all those great gowns.
2. List your top five favorite movies.
“Silence of the Lambs” “The Lives of Others” “Jaws” “Mary Poppins” “French Kiss”
3. Your house is on fire. Your loved ones–humans and pets–are already safe outside. They have your driver’s license and a flash drive with all your backups (files and all the media you own). You have time to save one more object. What would you get?
My framed wedding photo.
4. You can invite any three people in the world for a dinner–anyone alive. Who are your guests?
Bill Moyers, Rachel Maddow, and Sting
5. Congress/the gods/smiling extraterrestrials said you can only have one type of food every meal for the rest of your life (they’ll supplement your diet with vitamin pills). Which food would you choose? Twix Bars
6. In an episode of “Friends”, they all reveal their freebie list: five celebrities with whom they can hook up without upsetting their partners. Who’s in yours? George Clooney, Thomas Gibson, Hugh Jackman, Hugh Laurie, and RuPaul.
7. (Huge spoiler alert.) Some people think the Hunger Games is bloody. In Harry Potter 6, fifteen characters die. In HP7, the body count is over fifty . JK is rewriting the series, and she let you choose one character from any of the seven books to get a reprieve. Who would it be and why? I’d like to see Dumbledore live and get his gay freak on!
8. What’s your worst fear? Being left all alone.
9. You can choose your own nickname, with an assurance that no one would ever mock you. Tell us your choice. I will always be: Hellafunkadella
10. What’s the best vacation you have ever had? Has to be the solo trip to Paris 1992.
11.Congress/the gods/smiling extraterrestrials said you must move to any fantasy or sci-fi setting (books, movies, videogames, rpgs) of your choice—permanently. Where would you go? I’m going to Disneyland, bitches!
Whew! Now here are my questions for the next set:
1. What is your favorite cruciferous vegetable?
2. At what age did you realize Santa Claus, might not be real?
3. Where is the worst place you have ever made whoopee?
4. What is your favorite rodent?
5. List your five favorite letters of the alphabet
6. If you could be a Spice Girl, which one would you be?
7. If you were a super hero, what is your super hero name and your special power?
8. What is your Drag Queen name? Take the name of your first pet, and the name of the first street you lived on.
9. Boxers or Briefs?
10. You’ve just made an embarrassing fast dash into an elevator car, after you make it and the door closes, you are panting and out of breath, you look up and there is your favorite celebrity of all time: what do you say?
11. What is your favorite Halloween costume of all time?
My next 11 tagees are:
Lynette M. Burrows
Pat O’Dea Rosen
Sharon K. Owen
Okay kids, I hope you had fun, what do you think of all this taging and questioning madness? Do you like it, would you like to see more? Let me know, I do love hearing from all of you. Have a great day!!
Let’s give this a try and see if it accepts a comment from myself.
Dang, I think I just left you a message instead of a comment!! Anyway, NICE questions, Rachel. 🙂
Now I’m wondering if I know what a cruciferous vegetable is…
Cruciferous veggies, we’re talking Broccoli, Kale, Collards, Brussel Sprouts and the like. Thanks for stopping by Jenny!
Great responses, Rachel! Thanks so much for the tag. 😀
Oh great questions! I can have some fun with those answers! Thanks Rachel! 🙂